Dark Side Scoots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, hello thar...

2 posters

Go down

Well, hello thar... Empty Well, hello thar...

Post  Koinu-kun Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:42 am

Hrmm another scooter forum here in town? Nifty! I have yet to really get involved in anything myself...since I am fairly new to the whole scooter thing. Been wanting one for some time, but never had the funds. Well lucky enough I managed to find a cheap scoot for a steal a few weeks back. Yea some say it might be cr@p cause it's Chinese...but whatever. It's a 50cc Qingqi, but it uses a genuine Yamaha Vino Minirelli engine...which means the engine parts are fairly easy to come by. I just got the last of the fix-up parts installed. I am modding the heck out of the thing just to make it look cool. new paint job is done in a rough low gloss black, leaving nicks and scratches on the plastics to give it the old skool Rat Hot-rod look. Will eb adding some chrome accents here and there and will eb working on custom decals...going for the Rat look...since everyone else seems to be going racer or vintage with these things...I wanna be different. Hopefully the paint work will be finished by this weekend..and it will be the first time with any extended riding on it. In the near future I plan on dropping the stock airbox and exhaust for more free-flow and upjetting the carb. I look forward to maybe getting to get out and go to some meets if the club ever gets past the forum level...but anyways...will be watching.

Koinu-kun

Back to top Go down

Well, hello thar... Empty Re: Well, hello thar...

Post  Scootenround Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:50 am

We look forward to seeing you on future rides. Welcome to the Dark Side.
Scootenround
Scootenround
Admin

https://darksidescoots.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum